Friday, October 29, 2010

Good day at the Humane Society

Hey everyone,

I had a pretty good day at the humane society.  I went by myself today in between classes for about an hour.  It was nice to go and see all the new cats and dogs, as well as the old ones.  There are a lot of dogs and cats up and ready for adoption that want a good home.  Today I walked all the little dogs.  It's a nice change for once to walk the small dogs because you can take more than one of them out at a time.  They have had some dog fights between the bigger dogs so they only let us take one at a time.  I was taking out two or three dogs at a time so it was fun for them all to play together.  I only stayed for an hour or so but it was a good trip.  Last time I went, Ryan and i took pictures of all the dogs and they are posted to the side.

We will be doing a fundraiser at Drury next week by selling t-shirts around campus.  We hope to sell fifty shirts or more and donate the profits to the Humane society. We will hopefully be able to buy a bunch of necessities that are constantly needed such as Lysol wipes, dog food, paper towels, etc.

So far this year has been pretty good volunteering.  We have gotten a lot of work done and the staff have been very appreciative of our work. We hope to keep it up.

--Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment