Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Another Sunday at the shelter

On Sunday, I went to the Humane Society for my workout since we do not have swimming anymore... :-) It was a lot of fun walking all the dogs at the shelter especially when the weather is cooperating. As soon as I entered the volunteer room, there were two puppies and one of them kept jumping and had a lot of energy. It followed me wherever I went in the room but I had to leave the dog behind so I can walk the other dogs for their daily walk (my workout. haha). It was fun and it gave me joy to be in a different mindset and relax by walking the animals. It was great but there was one problem struck me when I was about to leave. The dogs were taking all the rooms in the shelter including the volunteer area. This is a bad sign because the shelter do not have enough space for all the stray dogs. Also, I saw a couple of dogs that were still in their cages and haven't been adopted. I would request if everyone would tell anyone that is interested in having pets to get them from the Humane Society. A lot of dogs in the shelter are cute and very energetic and it helps these dogs have a better life with responsible owners. It would be a great help if the community would help spread the word about the Humane Society so we can get all the dogs and cats adopted. Thank you very much for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment