Thursday, December 9, 2010

Another good day!

As we end the semester with all the tests and projects due, the work at the Humane Society is never ending. I have been helping the Humane Society with walking dogs and and playing with the cats. Today, Taylor and I went to Pet Smart to buy things that the Humane Society needs like toys for both dogs and cats, treats, and many more. It was a busy day for the Humane Society because they are having an occasion today, the "Treat Day" and "Deck the Halls". There were also a lot of people coming in to look for dogs to be adapted.I am glad to say that the Humane Society was very pleased with the donations that we have given to them. Today, we also walked some dogs but our time was primarily contributed to folding newspapers to be brought to the kennels. This was an important part of a volunteer's job besides walking dogs because the kennels needs to be cleaned continuously and without the newspapers, they would not be able to replace the dirty newspapers with clean ones.I am glad that I was there today providing help to the shelter and making the workers job easier. I would say that volunteers are a really big part of the Humane Society because they only rely on donations from people. I have learned so much this first semester about the Humane Society. I learned to really manage my time more because swimming and school, together with the Summit Program, there's basically no time to do other things. I really need to manage my time day by day and week by week. I am learning that right now because after missing two weeks of school because I had a swim meet in China, I am way behind in school, practice is still going on and I still need to go to Humane Society to volunteer. Going to the Humane Society is my stress reliever because I don't think of school or swimming but just having fun with dogs. Volunteering for the Humane Society for me is not a burden but a fun and relaxing moment for me. Regarding our projects for the Humane Society, I could see our projects really taking of next semester because we've had a lot of technical difficulties with some of our projects but I am confident that we will be able get those projects moving. I am excited for the next semester and the challenges that we will face and how we will handle it as a group.
-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment